Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Far Enough Away

My week hasn't started out too bad and I'm feeling pretty good about life so I think it's safe to talk about love. Valentine's Day is far enough out of my immediate mind that I can talk about it safely without wanting to injure children, lovers, or beloved friends (a higher being spared their souls this year out of sheer mercy).
I'm not really sure why this is the topic for the evening, but I'll make a list of things that I love (in no particular order):

1. My family
2. To laugh
3. Making people laugh
4. Change
5. Good Conversation
6. Animals
7. Animal Planet
8. The planet (on sunny days)
9. Traveling
10. Helping
11. Children
12. My friends

The people that I'm just now becoming acquainted with are the ones that are showing me a new way to live. They are adding their fresh faces to my everyday life and reminding me that it's excellent to experience new things and people. I've been feeling a little stuck, but with the people who have settled into pockets in my life, I know that it's okay reinvent or to retrieve what I knew was there a while ago. I had forgotten what it was like to live and Meredith does that to you sometimes. I forgot what it was like to love and how much I do love. I've been reminded and I'm thankful.

I have a lot to look forward to. In Ashley's leaving, I now have a new destination to visit (and I will be visiting her as soon as I come up with some money...guess I have to start working nights again). Dates with Kiran are becoming more frequent. Morgan is getting married. DanceWorks is fast approaching. ACDF is faster approaching and I've never been to any kind of conference, let alone a dance conference. That's something else I love. Dance. Watching passionate dancers is like watching someone laugh genuinely or cry without any inhibitions or walls. It reveals a part of the dancers soul that you can feel and see in the way their body slices through the air and penetrates your heart. A dance often says what words can't. It helps people feel. Feeling allows you to reach a part of yourself that you can't with thoughts or words. It's a sensation that's indescribable. It's liberating. Love is a feeling.

I've got a lot of love to give. I'm going to find something new to love everyday, something beautiful about five unexpected things, and love will come. It's here. It's always been.

1 comment:

  1. "with lucifer beneath you
    and God above
    if anybody asks you
    what you're living of
    say love"

    i am so glad that you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete